Developing the Next Generation of Nonprofit & Social Sector Leaders in Santa Barbara County
At Leading From Within, we have a passion for investing in nonprofit and social sector service leaders. The goal of the Emerging Leaders program is to empower, elevate, and connect the next generation of these leaders in Santa Barbara County.
Emerging Leaders is a 10-month (one full day each month) program that assembles a select cohort of emerging social sector leaders from Santa Barbara County and guides them through a rigorous, relevant and applied curriculum. Thanks to our generous supporters, we will be welcoming the launching our Emerging Leaders 2022 program with our ninth cohort.
Imagine a Place to Grow
Unique to Emerging Leaders, this program combines a professionally relevant curriculum with support in making deep connections with peers, mentors, and community leaders. Emerging Leaders is designed to help participants increase their leadership impact in their organization, the social sector, and the community at large. In Emerging Leaders, you will discover, grow, and be energized. You will move forward with new resources and approaches for your unique leadership journey.
Consider a Meaningful Experience
Emerging Leaders has been intentionally designed to provide a powerful professional development opportunity for emerging nonprofit and social sector leaders, including:
- Cutting edge tools and research on management and leadership, presented by experienced facilitators
- Approaches & skills to foster impact, effectiveness, collaboration and sustained commitment
- Knowledge and insights about the distinctive characteristics and dynamics of nonprofit organizations
- Connections with community leaders and resources
- One-on-one executive coaching and peer coaching, which support you in customizing what you learn to meet your individual development objectives
- A new circle of colleagues with a common purpose — to support each other’s leadership beyond the program
To Learn More
- Read more about the Application Process, including Commitment, Fees and Dates
- Speak to some of the 140 alumni of our Emerging Leaders program
- Attend one of our information sessions in south or north SB county (during open application period only)
Applications are being accepted from October 1 through November 5, 2021.