Module Fifteen – Growing Great Ambassadors and an Attitude of Gratitude
Wow. This is our penultimate session.
I can’t think of better way to transition towards our May retreat and June presentations than reflect on gratitude.
We’re going to try a new format for April 19th meeting (3-5 p.m.)…
We will start our meeting in small groups in downtown coffee shops. You will be paired with a community leader, a double macchiato and these questions:
- Share a story about someone you have met who is a GREAT AMBASSADOR for his/her cause. What characteristics of that person make them a great ambassador?
- What makes organizations (or people) good at expressing gratitude?
- Describe an act of gratitude you’ve experienced (as a giver of gratitude or a recipient of gratitude).
I’ll send you your coffeehouse location 48 hours before our meeting. The cohort will reassemble at 4:30 p.m. at Armada for a closing circle and toast to gratitude at 5 p.m.
THANK YOU for being a part of this journey… savor every sip of it!
Jim and Carrie
READ: “How Gratitude Can Transform Your Workplace”
- What story can you tell about how you’ve experienced gratitude in your workplace?
- Can you think of some specific ways you could show gratitude in your work? In your volunteer life?
READ: “How to Transform Customers into Brand Ambassadors”
- How does this article about employees and brand ambassadors “fit” when we are talking about the social sector?
- What’s the “brand promise” of a non-profit you support or one that you’ve studied in your project work? In your opinion, how does the nonprofit deliver on that brand promise?
- How do you connect your volunteer life and your “day job”? Is your personal brand more “personal versus corporate” or “personal plus corporate?
Watch + Respond
- Who is a person in your life who has been really influential? What (specifically) did they do that was amazing/important in your life?
- Have you taken the time to express gratitude to this person(s)? Would you consider writing them a “gratitude letter”?
Upcoming Events & Key Dates
April 19, 3:00-5:00PM | Gratitude and Building Great Ambassadors
Location: Impact Hub (2), French Press, Peet’s Coffee
May 15, 12:00-5:00PM | Retreat – Bringing it All Together
June 12, 2:00-5:00PM | Final Presentations to Community
Location : Santa Barbara Foundation
June 12, 5:30-8:00 | Launch Celebration
Location: Foundation House (300 East Islay)