Investing in northern Santa Barbara County social sector leaders
“Vibrant communities are dependent on an ever-expanding base of strong, supported and nurtured leadership.”
In 2016, we launched Leading for Community Impact Program (LCI) to invest in leaders in the Santa Maria, Lompoc and Santa Ynez Valley and surrounding areas, who are on the front lines of serving many of Santa Barbara County’s most vulnerable residents. As with all thriving communities, it is vitally important to develop and support the current and next generation of nonprofit and other social sector leaders.
Leading for Community Impact is a 10-month program that assembles a select cohort from northern Santa Barbara County of seasoned social sector leaders and rising stars with great potential. This program guides them through a rigorous, relevant and applied curriculum on leadership and management.
Imagine having the Time, Knowledge, and Supportive Peer Community to Invest in Your Leadership
Leading for Community Impact provides a unique, powerful professional development opportunity for nonprofit leaders. We create a safe, reflective, and supportive learning environment where participants cultivate deep connections with peers, mentors, and community leaders and safely take risks on behalf of their leadership development. The program is designed to help individuals increase the impact of their leadership on their organization and in the community at large.
In this program, you will explore your leadership style, while being given the reflect space and learning community to reconnect with your purpose. You will lead with a new mindset, skills & strategies to put into action in your organization immediately.
Consider a Powerful, Rejuvenating, Learning Experience
Leading for Community Impact engages social sector leaders in a range of professionally relevant curriculum including:
- Cutting edge tools and research on management and leadership, presented by experienced trainers
- Approaches & skills to foster strategic thinking, effective management, skillful collaboration and sustained commitment to the work.
- Knowledge and insights about the distinctive characteristics and dynamics of nonprofit organizations and our communities
- Connections with community leaders and resources
- A new network of colleagues with a common purpose — to support each other’s leadership today and well-beyond the program
To Learn More
- Read program description on website
- Email lead facilitator Christa Roth with your questions
Applications are closed for this year’s cohort. Please feel free to inquire about next year’s application process!
We are here to help. If you have any questions or need assistance, please email our Operations Manager Sarah Harris at email@example.com or contact us at 805-770-3232.