Developing the Next Generation of Nonprofit Leaders
in Santa Barbara County
At Leading From Within, we have a passion for investing in nonprofit and other social sector leaders. The goal of the Emerging Leaders program is to empower, elevate, and connect the next generation of nonprofit leaders in Santa Barbara County.
Emerging Leaders is a 10-month (one full day each month) program that assembles a select cohort of emerging social sector leaders from Santa Barbara County and guides them through a rigorous, relevant and applied curriculum. Thanks to the continued support of the Santa Barbara Foundation, we will be welcoming a seventh cohort of participants and launching our Emerging Leaders 2019 program next January.
Imagine a Place to Grow
Unique to Emerging Leaders, this program combines a professionally relevant curriculum with support in making deep connections with peers, mentors, and community leaders. Emerging Leaders is designed to help participants increase their leadership impact in their organization and the sector at large. In Emerging Leaders, you will discover, grow, and be energized. You will move forward with new resources & approaches for your own leadership journey.
Consider a Meaningful Experience
Emerging Leaders has been intentionally designed to provide a powerful professional development opportunity for emerging nonprofit leaders, including:
- Cutting edge tools and research on management and leadership, presented by experienced facilitators
- Approaches & skills to foster impact, effectiveness, collaboration and sustained commitment
- Knowledge and insights about the distinctive characteristics and dynamics of nonprofit organizations
- Connections with community leaders and resources
- One-on-one executive coaching and peer coaching which support you in customizing what you learn to meet your individual development objectives
- A new circle of colleagues with a common purpose — to support each other’s leadership beyond the program
To Learn More
We are not currently accepting applications. If you would like to be notified of when applications for our next cohort are open, please email our Operations Manager, Sarah Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-770-3232.