Developing the Next Generation of Nonprofit Leaders
in Santa Barbara County
At Leading From Within, we have a passion for investing in nonprofit and other social sector leaders. The goal of the Emerging Leaders program is to empower, elevate, and connect the next generation of nonprofit leaders in Santa Barbara County.
Emerging Leaders is a 10-month (one full day each month) program that assembles a select cohort of emerging social sector leaders from Santa Barbara County and guides them through a rigorous, relevant and applied curriculum. Thanks to the support of the Santa Barbara Foundation, we will be launching our 2018 Emerging Leaders program next January.
Imagine a Place to Grow
Unique to Emerging Leaders, this program combines a professionally relevant curriculum with support in making deep connections with peers, mentors, and community leaders. Emerging Leaders is designed to help participants increase their leadership impact in their organization and the sector at large. In Emerging Leaders, you will discover, grow, and be energized. You will move forward with new resources & approaches for your own leadership journey.
Consider a Meaningful Experience
Emerging Leaders has been intentionally designed to provide a powerful professional development opportunity for emerging nonprofit leaders, including:
- Cutting edge tools and research on management and leadership, presented by experienced facilitators
- Approaches & skills to foster impact, effectiveness, collaboration and sustained commitment
- Knowledge and insights about the distinctive characteristics and dynamics of nonprofit organizations
- Connections with community leaders and resources
- One-on-one executive coaching and peer coaching which support you in customizing what you learn to meet your individual development objectives
- A new circle of colleagues with a common purpose — to support each other’s leadership beyond the program
To Learn More
- Read all the information about the program on this website
- Speak to some of the 20 current participants and 67 alumni of our Emerging Leaders program
- Attend one of our October Information Session in Santa Barbara and Santa Maria
- Santa Barbara Info Session | October 3rd at 9-10:00 AM | RSVP
- Santa Maria Info Session | October 4th at 9-10:00 AM | RSVP
Applications for our 2019 Cohort will begin this coming fall. More information to follow.
We’re here to help. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to contact our Interim Operations Manager, Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-770-3232.