Thanks to a generous sponsor, participants will pay a subsidized rate of $120 for a one-week training with teacher, Mark Hersey. Here is why:
“I am supporting this TM program for members of the LFW ‘family’, because you give so much as you devote your lives to help others. My gift of TM to you is a thank you for all you do, knowing TM will allow you and your organizations to give more, yet gain more health and wellbeing for yourselves. It is an honor to support you on your own personal growth path, and in your truly noble profession.” – LFW Sponsor
For more information on what TM is, scroll down to the bottom section of this page. If you have questions regarding the practice, please contact Mark for more information.
Registration will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will organize participants into groups of 5, scheduling each group consecutively. Leading From Within will be in communication with participants to support this experience of self-care as a network.
The one-week program consists of the following:
- Individual interview via Zoom
- One-hour individual, in-person session
- 2 one-to-one Check in’s via Zoom
- 3 Evening group meditations
- Personal study and meditation
Mark Hersey will work with you to schedule dates and times within the one-week program.
Introduction | What is TM?
What is Transcendental Meditation (or TM for short)?
It’s a simple, natural, effortless technique practiced 20 minutes twice each day while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed.
The TM technique allows your active mind to easily settle inward, through quieter levels of thought, until you experience the most silent and peaceful level of your own awareness — pure consciousness.
Six things you should know about it:
1. It is absolutely effortless — It’s so easy and enjoyable that anyone can do it. This makes it very different from other techniques. So,
- No concentrating or trying to control the mind
- No trying to “empty the mind”
- No monitoring of thoughts (e.g. mindfulness)
2. Authentic — The TM technique was founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi over 50 years ago, and has been taught in almost all countries around the world. It can only be taught by certified TM teachers in a structured and standard course. Even Maharishi did not claim to have invented TM but revived the knowledge and practice of it from the Vedic tradition.
3. Evidence-based — Hundreds of published research studies on the TM technique have documented major benefits for:
- Reduction of stress and anxiety
- Coherent brain function
- Cardiovascular health
- Improved harmony in relationships
4. Unique — Other meditations often claim to be the same or similar to the TM technique. However the differences are quite important. No other has the depth of scientific research relating to it. No external dependency on someone else or on an app to guide your meditation, once learned.
5. Established — Over six million people have learned the TM technique and experienced its benefits — people of all ages, cultures, religions, and walks of life.
6. Nothing to believe in — The TM technique is not a religion, philosophy, or lifestyle. No belief or expectation is needed for it to be effective. In fact it can help if you are a little skeptical because then you wont be trying to make it work (see point 1)