Dear Fellows –
“No matter what you’re doing today, there are four things you’ve got to measure yourself against. First, you’ve got to be a great teammate and a supportive colleague. Second, you’ve got to be an exceptional expert at something that has real value. Third, you’ve got to be a broad-gauged visionary — a leader, a teacher, a farsighted “imagineer.” Fourth, you’ve got to be a businessperson — you’ve got to be obsessed with pragmatic outcomes.
It’s this simple: You are a brand. You are in charge of your brand. There is no single path to success. And there is no one right way to create the brand called You. Except this: Start today. Or else.
Tom Peters – The Brand Called YOU
Having spent 20+ years as a brand manager of brands like Crest, Bounce, NBA.com and ESPN.com … this idea of “brand” really resonates with me.
Tuesday, you’ll be connecting your values to a personal action plan. All of the work you’ve done over the past four weeks has set you up for a “deep dive” on the brand called YOU.
Carrie and I are looking forward to a fun/productive retreat!
READ: The Brand Called You
- Questions go here
- Bring a folder of your notes and exercises from the past four weeks.
- Review your “eulogy virtues”.
- Think about Rick Warren’s “what’s in your hand”.
- Reflect on what you learned about yourself from your network/life hack.
- Bring your stories of personal values and use the attached list to identify your “top five” values.