Please also upload the following documents:
- A current resume including your civic and community volunteer activities included
- A Letter of Interest
- A Letter of Recommendation from your Board Chair, Executive Director or Supervising Manager
For your application to be complete, all documents must be received by 5:00 pm on September 23, 2016.
Please see below for the description of attachments required.
- A current resume including your civic and community volunteer activities.
(Please label this file with your last name, i.e. ApplicantName_Resume.)
Letter of Interest:
- Describe your role in the organization or agency (managerial responsibilities, projects led, community engagement, reporting relationships, etc.)
- Describe any volunteer or community leadership roles you’ve held in your community.
- Why are you applying for this leadership development opportunity at this time? Please list any learning goals you would like to achieve through your participation in the program.
- Please describe any challenges you face current in your role or leadership capacity.
- How do you hope you, your organization and the broader community might benefit from your participation in Leading for Community Impact?
- Describe the future leadership contributions you hope to make in your organization and the northern Santa Barbara County communities.
- What are your short and long-term leadership aspirations?
- In what ways have you been actively engaged in furthering your growth as a leader?
- If this program meets all your expectations, in what ways will you as a leader have grown/changed/evolved upon graduation?
(Please label this file with your last name, i.e. ApplicantName_LOI)
Letter of Recommendation:
From your Executive Director, Board Chair of Supervising Manager. The letter should include:
- How long and under what circumstances have you known the applicant?
- Assess their talents and strengths, and areas you think could benefit from improvement and growth.
- Why do you think the candidate is ready at this time to invest in their leadership development and therefore a good match for the program?
- What do you see as the candidate’s potential for greater leadership in your organization and the broader northern Santa Barbara County community?
(Please label this file with your last name, i.e. ApplicantName_Recommendation)
*Please note by submitting this letter the Board Chair, Executive Director or Supervising Manager acknowledges their full support of applicant to fulfill the stated program commitments.