- This event has passed.
Transcendental Meditation & Self-Care for Social Sector Leaders
September 16, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm PDT
Introduction | What is Transcendental Meditation?
Join us on Wednesday, September 16th at 4-5 pm to learn about a new offering from Leading From Within.
Register below or Join on Zoom
It’s a simple, natural, effortless technique practiced 20 minutes twice each day while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed.
The TM technique allows your active mind to easily settle inward, through quieter levels of thought, until you experience the most silent and peaceful level of your own awareness — pure consciousness.
Six things you should know about it:
1. It is absolutely effortless — It’s so easy and enjoyable that anyone can do it. This makes it very different from other techniques. So,
- No concentrating or trying to control the mind
- No trying to “empty the mind”
- No monitoring of thoughts (e.g. mindfulness)
2. Authentic — The TM technique was founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi over 50 years ago, and has been taught in almost all countries around the world. It can only be taught by certified TM teachers in a structured and standard course. Even Maharishi did not claim to have invented TM but revived the knowledge and practice of it from the Vedic tradition.
3. Evidence-based — Hundreds of published research studies on the TM technique have documented major benefits for:
- Reduction of stress and anxiety
- Coherent brain function
- Cardiovascular health
- Improved harmony in relationships
4. Unique — Other meditations often claim to be the same or similar to the TM technique. However the differences are quite important. No other has the depth of scientific research relating to it. No external dependency on someone else or on an app to guide your meditation, once learned.
5. Established — Over six million people have learned the TM technique and experienced its benefits — people of all ages, cultures, religions, and walks of life.
6. Nothing to believe in — The TM technique is not a religion, philosophy, or lifestyle. No belief or expectation is needed for it to be effective. In fact it can help if you are a little skeptical because then you wont be trying to make it work (see point 1)
Please contact us with any questions.