Home › Forums › Module Five – Fundraising 2018 › Fundraising Watch + Respond – What Did You Learn? 2018 › Reply To: Fundraising Watch + Respond – What Did You Learn? 2018
Seth Godin says people give when they resonate with a pitch in a way that they could say “Of course I support them, because people like us do things like this.”
Here are a few bullet points we’ve used to connect with donors about Leading from Within:
– Leadership matters. Leaders are developed.
– You’ve invested in yourself (school, networking opportunities, self-development), and look where it’s gotten you.
– Now invest in someone else, someone who is dedicated to make our community better, fairer, more beautiful. (we can paint the picture of this person)
– We (LFW) have what they need to succeed. You can make it available to them.
– The end result is a better community – for all of us.
What about this “pitch” resonates with you?