Investing in northern Santa Barbara County
social sector leaders
Leading for Community Impact (LCI) invests in leaders in the Santa Maria, Lompoc and Santa Ynez Valley and surrounding areas, who are on the front lines of serving many of Santa Barbara County’s most vulnerable residents. Our communities are abundant with assets including a vibrant agricultural sector, growing businesses, and culturally diverse residents who are dedicated, caring and proud.
Our communities also face the difficult and entrenched challenges associated with poverty – like parents who are under- and unemployed, immigrants seeking to fit into the fabric of their new community, and families who live without a safety net. These challenges require leaders to have a complex set of leadership skills. As with all thriving communities, it is vitally important to develop and support the current and next generation of nonprofit and other social sector leaders.
Thanks to the support of the Santa Barbara and Weingart Foundations, we are deepening our support of the northern Santa Barbara County communities by launching our Leading for Community Impact program (LCI) in November 2016.
Leading for Community Impact is a 12-month program that assembles a select cohort from northern Santa Barbara County of seasoned social sector leaders and rising stars with great potential. This program guides them through a rigorous, relevant and applied curriculum.
Imagine a Safe Place to Invest in Your Leadership
Leading for Community Impact is designed to provide a unique, powerful professional development opportunity for nonprofit leaders. We create a safe, reflective, and supportive learning environment where participants can cultivate deep connections with peers, mentors, and community leaders and safely take risks. The program is designed to help participants increase the impact of their leadership on their organization and in the community at large. In this leadership program, you will explore your leadership style, while being given the reflect space and learning community to reconnect with your purpose. You will lead with a new mindset, skills & strategies to put into action in your organization immediately.
Consider a Powerful, Rejuvenating, Growth Experience
Leading for Community Impact will engage social sector leaders in a range of professionally relevant curriculum, including:
- Cutting edge tools and research on management and leadership, presented by experienced facilitators
- Approaches & skills to foster impact, effectiveness, collaboration and sustained commitment
- Knowledge and insights about the distinctive characteristics and dynamics of nonprofit organizations and our communities
- Connections with community leaders and resources
- A new network of colleagues with a common purpose — to support each other’s leadership today and well-beyond the program
To Learn More
- Read program description on website
- Attend one of the two Information Sessions: Wednesday, August 24th or Tuesday, September 14 from 9-10AM at Santa Maria Cornerstone Community Room. Click here to RSVP (please note which information session you will attend)
- Email lead instructor Christa Roth with your questions
Applications for our first cohort will be accepted starting August 9,and our application deadline is September 23.
We are here to help. If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact our Administrative Director Sarah Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-770-3232.