As social distancing and quarantine changes the tone for how we work and engage together as a community, we invite you to join us in experimenting with new forms of togetherness. Here’s a short video address from a few of us on the Leading From Within team:
A video message from Leading From Within
What can we do?
As an Organization:
Moving online. Effective Monday, March 13, all Leading From Within gatherings (including meetings, program session and events) are hosted virtually and not meet in person.
See below for upcoming gatherings and events.
Let us help. We would like to help provide technical and best practice assistant with online meeting spaces and virtual communication. Please feel free to contact us a this Google number: (805) 881-3237, where one of our staff will be on call.
As a Network:
There are two things that we can do right now:
- Attend and host meetings online as much as possible instead of cancelling
- Support each other by reconnecting virtually through your Peer Learning Circles, Alumni groups or Leadership circles. If you are currently part of one of these groups, click on the link: Get Connected.
Time to Connect | facilitated by Ken Saxon
Join the conversation according to your program and/or alumni community:
- Leading for Community Impact Alumni | Thursday, March 26 at 12 pm | Join Zoom meeting here
- Courage to Lead Alumni | Wednesday, April 1 at 4 pm and Friday, April 3 at 8 am | Check your inbox for participation instructions.
- Katherine Harvey Fellows Alumni | Thursday, March 26 at 4 pm | Join Zoom meeting here
Guided Meditation | facilitated by Ed France
Every Wednesday at 8:30 am | Join Zoom Meeting here
Many local organizations are actively working to support the efforts of our nonprofit community. Please visit the various resource pages for more information and resources, including:
Santa Barbara Foundation
- COVID-19 Grant Information | Joint response effort in financial support for Santa Barbara County
- COVID-19 Webinars | SBF and Community Event Postings
- Donate to Santa Barbara County’s COVID-19 Response Effort. This is a joint partnership between the Santa Barbara Foundation and the United Way of Santa Barbara County to provide financial support to address the needs of individuals and familia in Santa Barbara County as well as the nonprofits who serve them.
Fund for Santa Barbara:
- Coronavirus Community Resources and Response | Information on safe practices, emergency grant information, and more
- Grassroots Fundraising Online Workshop | Rona Fernandez of Klein & Roth Consulting
- Coronavirus Pandemic | Relief Activities and Medical Supplies
- Coronavirus Response Dashboard | Real-time numbers and analytics of COVID-19 cases
Nonprofit Resource Network (NPRN):
- Nonprofit Sector Needs and Resources | Support in finding the resources that fits your needs, or send you personal inquires; find more information in the following:
- Food Inventory and Pantries
- Government Aid
- Volunteers and Supplies
- Consulting Services
TVSB Offering Live Streaming Capabilities & Resources
TVSB is reaching out to local organizations who have been being impacted by the social distancing ordinances of COVID-19, and in the spirit of their mission, are extending broadcasting services to the community. Learn more here, or call TV Santa Barbara (805) 233-7753.
SB Bucket Brigade